McDowall Village Child Care
Centre Philosophy / Vision
Vision – “While we try to teach our children all about life – our children teach us what life is all about
Mission Statement: “Learning to live and laugh through play.”
Each childcare centre provides a unique blend of personalities, environments, experiences and equipment. Our centre will endeavour to ensure that this blend provides ongoing, wonderful care and educational sessions for all children. We will provide the opportunity for each child, parent, and centre educators to contribute appropriate input into the development of the centre’s unique identity and governing philosophy. We have adopted the mission statement, “Learning to live and laugh through play”, as this captures key points of our philosophy. Education, life skills, safety and a happy environment are important features of our centre and these aims are met through the provision of a high quality “play-based” program. We believe that one of the goals of our centre is to help children establish strong self-esteem, and value themselves for who they are. A child who has developed confidence in him/herself will best be best placed to cope with all the challenges that life brings.
• We will provide a safe, well-supervised environment that caters to the child’s health and wellbeing.
• We will provide a service that contributes to quality environments for children’s learning and development.
• We will provide qualified, caring and enthusiastic educators who will be responsive and respectful towards each child’s learning needs, sense of security and belonging.
• We will respect the parent’s rights and opinions in providing quality care for their child.
• We welcome and encourage parent participation in all aspects of the program.
• We will endeavour to settle each child happily and contentedly into the groups and programs of the Centre.
• We will provide a physical environment that is safe, suitable and rich with a diverse range of experiences that promote children’s learning and development.
• We will provide an inclusive program that recognises the valuable contribution all people can make to their community and endeavour to draw a variety of influences to our centre.
• We will provide an educational program and practice that is stimulating, engaging and enhances each child’s learning and development through the Early Years Learning Framework and Learning Outcomes (LO). These learning outcomes guide our centre’s practice:
LO1 – Children have a strong sense of identity
LO2 – Children are connected with and contribute to their world
LO3 – Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
LO4 – Children are confident and involved learners
LO5 – Children are effective communicators
INFORMATION FOR ENROLMENT AND ATTENDANCE.
For more information on enrolment please contact the centre via phone on 07 3353 511 or via email [email protected]
Contact Child Care